VivAlarm 24-Hour Monitoring
- VivAlarm 24 Noise is a stationary device used to monitor general noise in a vivarium for applications such as construction projects and for animal models sensitive to stressors. It provides a 24-hour collection of general noise in the space.
- The VivAlarm 24 Noise has threshold-setting capabilities to minimize false alarms. When a threshold is met, an alert is sent via text or email to the facility director, PI, construction personnel, or directly to Turner Scientific’s monitoring service, through a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- Noise data collected by VivAlarm 24 Noise can be archived up to 3 weeks on its internal hard drive. That data archive can be helpful for researchers to report the acoustic conditions of the vivarium in their scientific publications or to allow investigators to view and report on noise level trends. This can strengthen the credibility of your research by ensuring that your lab animals are not exposed to stress-inducing noise.
Help along the way
- We can recommend the proper placement of the VivAlarm 24 Noise in your space as well as recommend thresholds settings and alerts, leaving you to focus on your science. Our IT service will help guide you though questions during set up and operation.
- VivAlarm 24 Noise software is PC compatible.
- Requires a PC computer for use.
- VivAlarm 24 is priced at $7500.
VivAlarm 24-Hour Noise Monitor
Includes: ¼” specialized microphone, 24-hour monitor base station with custom filter, monitoring PC software and acoustic calibrator.