1/4" specialized microphone, accelerometer, mobile acquisitions module, custom PC software designed to log and display data specifically in the animal research environment, acoustic calibrator
VivAlarm is a convenient, easy-to-use, noise, ultrasonic noise, and vibration measurement and logging tool for the lab animal research environment.
• Fully mobile, allowing you to measure anywhere in the lab animal space.
• Equipped to measure sounds humans can hear up to 20kHz, ultrasonic noises from 20khz-100khz, above human hearing range and vibration.
• The new logging feature enables tracking of overall power levels, peak frequencies, and vibration levels every second for days or weeks at a time.
• The literature shows that ultrasonic noise and vibration can produce stress in animals and can have major confounding effects on study outcomes.The Guide references noise, including ultrasonic noise and vibration, as a “should” statement, requiring attention by facility personnel (e.g., in Chapter 5, pg 149-150.).
• With VivAlarm Mobile, vibration and noise can easily be monitored. Knowing what your animals can feel and hear makes understanding the harms of noise and vibration possible. VivAlarm is a convenient, easy-to-use, noise, ultrasonic noise, and vibration measurement and logging tool for the lab animal research environment.
• Built-in software overlays show the hearing range of the species in your vivarium, making it simple to know if your animals can hear what you measure.
• VivAlarm Mobile software is PC compatible. Requires a PC laptop or tablet with USB port.
¼” specialized microphone, mobile acquistions module, custom PC software designed specifically for the animal research environment, acoustic calibrator